TOMATO BASIL SOUP
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
4 Cloves Garlic (Finely Chopped or Crushed)
5 – 7 Cups Fresh Tomatoes (Chopped)
1 Tablespoon Dried Basil (or ½ cup fresh basil)
Salt & Pepper
- Heat pan over medium heat & add olive oil
- Add onions and garlic to pan when oil is hot
- Add chopped tomatoes when onions soften, and garlic turns golden brown
- Cook tomatoes for 5 minutes over medium heat while stirring. They will break down and become soft.
- Remove from heat and add basil, salt, and pepper.
- Blend tomatoes with blender or hand-mixer until smooth.
- Top individual bowls with cheese & Serve immediately